Financial Aid Eligibility
For Students Enrolled in a Combined Program
Student Financial Aid OfficeRevised May 2013

What is a Combined Program at Kent State University?

Students are considered to be in a combined program if they are pursuing both a baccalaureate and masterís degree during the same semester. Once a student completes the requirements for the baccalaureate degree, they will be considered a graduate student.

Students interested in this option must meet with their college or major academic advisor to discuss program and course requirements. Students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor prior to registration each semester.

What do I need to do to be considered for all types of financial aid at Kent State University?

The Student Financial Aid Office is committed to providing quality service and will explore all possible financial resources with students.

In order to be considered for federal financial aid, students must submit a copy of their Combined Baccalaureate/Masterís Program form to the Student Financial Aid Office and file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after January 1 as possible. Please fill the FAFSA out as an undergraduate and provide parental information if it is required.


What are the guidelines for applying for financial aid if I am enrolled in a combined program?

  1. Students in the combined programs will be considered for undergraduate aid only.
  2. Even students who have a graduate assistantship will be considered an undergraduate student for financial aid purposes.
  3. A combined program student cannot receive graduate level loans in any given semester.
  4. If a combined program student is eligible for the Ohio College Opportunity Grant(OCOG) only undergraduate hours can be counted toward eligibility.
  5. Graduate hours listed on the Combined Baccalaureate/Masterís Program form that apply to the bachelorís degree can be counted toward federal Pell grant eligibility.
If you would like to discuss your eligibility for financial aid while enrolled in a combined program, please contact the Student Financial Aid Office to speak with your personal financial aid representative.